Domestic and day-to-day maintenance
- To clean the cassette/housing simply wipe down using a non-abrasive, household detergent and a soft cloth or sponge.
- For door screens, it is important to keep the tracks clear of debris. A vacuum cleaner is ideal for this.
- To clean the mesh, use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to remove debris and then wipe down with a soft, damp cloth.
Commercial Deep Cleaning
- Remove the screen from the window or door frame by pulling firmly and remove any old tape from the screen.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment to remove any debris from inside the tracks or from the mesh.
- Wipe down the frame and mesh with a micro-fibre cloth to remove any dirt or residue. You can also use a disinfectant spray if required.
- Wipe down the window or door frame with a damp cloth and ensure that the surfaces are free of residue and completely dry.
- Attach new tape to the outer edge of the screen frame on all four sides cutting to size as appropriate.
- Stick the screen onto the window or door frame starting at the bottom and working your way up. We suggest you use a spirit level to ensure that the screen is square to the window or door.
- When people accidently walk into the screens they are designed to sail out of their tracks to avoid ripping the mesh. If this happens you should brush the mesh back into the tracks and close the door slowly.
- In windy and draughty conditions the mesh may blow out of the tracks. Again, simply brush the mesh back into the track and close the door slowly.
- Try not to close the screen faster than the spring will allow it to recoil as pushing the mesh will reduce its serviceable life.
- Screens can act as a deterrent to animals but are not designed specifically for this purpose and are NOT guaranteed to keep pets in or out.